From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of dark
Sent: Sunday, April 04, 2010 7:32 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Any interactive fiction fans out there?

To be honest haiden, I never got on well with zork, but then again I
personally prefer if games which have more background than just "go into the

dungeon and grab treasures" and more than random puzles.

In fact I must admit, some if puzles just irritate me for their total lack
of logic.

"ah, so I was supposed to open the catch on the rusty door by blowing the
whistle at the bird to scare it off, getting the egg from the nest, then
droping the newspaper and twigs on the floor and using the magnifying glass
to focus sunlight, then putting the dustbin lid ontop, dropping in the egg,
frying it and using it to greace the rusty latch!" how silly of me not to
realize that perfectly rational change of logic!

I must confess this is why I don't really play much If anymore, sinse it's
too much trouble to try and filter the to me, interesting exploration and
story based stuff from all the games based on absurd puzles which i then
need to look at a walkthrough to guess.

Of course, this might just be because I'm probably more inclined toward rpgs

and that style of play myself in general, and didn't grown up with the
classic if or get into the method of playing it.

Beware the grue!