From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of dark
Sent: Sunday, April 04, 2010 11:42 AM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Any interactive fiction fans out there?

Hi mike.

No problem with traffic about if on this list, --- ask away.

If you are a newby though, you could do much worse than checking out
http://www.microheaven.com/IFGuide/step2.html which have a great beginners'
guide.

I'd also recommend you try the game dreamhold by andrew plotkin found at
http://ifarchive.heanet.ie/if-archive/games/zcode/dreamhold.z8

you can run this with windows frotz, winfrotz (including the winfrotz tts
version which outputs directly to sapi), or anything which plays z code game

files.

It's a really great story and adventure, but whats' more is it's probably
the best introduction to If I've seen. there are various ones knocking
about, but for a hands on in game intro going through how to give commands,
and what puzles are, dreamhold is deffinately my favourite (not the least
because it's an incredibly interesting game and story in it's own right).

hth.

Beware the Grue!