well depends on your setup.
your card should support things check volume control
and get  to properties.
if your imput and output devices will be the same and if playback and recording
are allowed and if microphone can be allowed as  well as other controls and if
you select all those then that will work.
ok the sheet and you can set things.
some things like mic may be muted.
in recording control if you adjust for recording you can get stereo mix or
microphone only but if you have playback with mic control then it works in both
ways.
if you have an hd card you may get this to.
HOwever mine has a input and output and I can only get mic or stereo mix.
not both.
As for your speakers and headset, you should be able to tell windows to use
your default device as your usb mic and headset but you will have to keep
changing it back.
You can always get a mic for direct plug into the card.
if you put your headphones in the same place you have the speakers this will
work but you will need to unplug the speakers.