why did you lose your sound.
reinstall your sound drivers.
you shouldn't lose your sound something is up.
do you use a laptop or desktop.
if you use that which has external speakers then unplug those and put your
headphones in the internal jack and try again.
ok.
if its an hdd card and it suddenly happened check your uaa is up in system.
there is a patch to fix things on softwarepatch.com if thats broken.
if not check your card is working right then check your volume controls.
unmute wave and master.
check things are as they should be.
NO reason why you should lose something unless something is up.
Reformat and the problem will go away.
Alqways fixes it.
if you don't want to reformat then please previde more info.