Hi Michael,
At this point I don't know. I don't think anyone truly appreciates how
much money would be involved in creating a game like this in a fully
audio environment complete with sounds, music, and professional voice
acting. We are talking somewhere between $1,000 to $2,000 to be
conservative. That's just licensing the sounds and music. We haven't
even talked about how much time would be involved in writing the
game's story, writing the program, and testing it. It is almost
impossible for a single person to create something like this on his
own, and have a life away from the computer.
I know that Entombed took two years to create. Well, what I want to
create would be much larger because instead of 25 dungeons or so to
explore we are talking cities, towns, forests, swamps,  tombs,
temples, and all kinds of stuff to explore. A massively huge game
world which would require thousands of sounds to make it anything
close to realistic. The more I think about it the less i want to work
on the game. Text is simple enough to create, but a world done in
audio would be a nightmare. I might have to settle on a simpler
fantasy project. Perhaps a fantasy FPS game that uses only one of the
places to explore rather than the entire game world.