The ip address from which you log in is recorded at least, so if you log in from USA and britten at the same time they will see something is wrong. Or if you appear to own about 20 pcs all over some part of a country it would look funny as well.

Most people have internet to some extent. They'd have to download the game, though I don't think it is a good idea to make the user connect to the internet every time, like time of conflict dforces you to do.

Having said that, no system is uncrackable.
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 06, 2010 9:47 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Esp pinball classic

It still leaves people who for whatever reason can't always access the internet in the dust. And there are a few unscrupulous blind folks I know who would give out their username and password to others. So it's still not crack proof. He who is valiant and pure of spirit may find the holy grail in the castle of aaaaggh.