Hi,
That's the spirit, and i know exactly how you feel. That's been my
experience with the entire audio games scene as well, and why I
started USA Games.  I have both the programming knowledge and the
background experience to produce more serious minded games for an
adult oriented gaming market.
To be honest some of the accessible games out there are a bit childish
for one reason or another.  Usually it isn't the game itself that is
childish but some of the stupid sound effects that are somewhat
cartoonish or silly sounding. I don't know if it is just me but when I
hear cartoonish sounds in an accessible  game  I can't help but feel
it makes us all look as imature half whits or something. We need to
take our game development serious and stop using silly or childish
sounds in games.