To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, May 28, 2010 10:49 PM
Subject: [Audyssey] Raceway was The other side

Hi Charles,
Well, at the time I took over development of Raceway from James North
I invisioned it as an accessible version of Nascar Thunder 2004 by EA
Games. As it happens I realy like Nascar Thunder, but of course it
isn't accessible enough to really play. I usually wind up hitting the
wall or plowing into another car. So when James North offered Raceway
to me I took it, and decided to turn it into a fully accessible, fully
playable, version of Nascar Thunder without any of the official Nascar
logos and trademarks involved.
As far as how it will compare to other racing games out there it might
be easier to list its features, and let you decide based on that
information. Basically, since it is based on Nascar, actually an
official Nascar game, all of the rules, flags, and points will be
exactly the same as you would expect from a real race. Unlike other
accessible racing games you will be racing against 39 other AI driven
cars so we are talking a full monty here not three or four cars as is
the case with games like Poll Position. Since I am using official
points and scoring there will be a full season mode where you must
race a total of 30 races, and if you have the highest score you get
the racing cup.
What I am probibly not going to include in Raceway, at least not 1.0,
is a track editor, online racing, and some of those kind of features
of Rail Racer. While I think they would be good additions I feel those
can be added on later. In fact, I might even create it as a sort of
expantion pack that costs a nominal upgrade fee like $10 or something
like that. That way I can try and earn back some of the money lost
when transfering between Alchemy and USA Games, and  plus build upon
an existing product as well.

If my question should not be answered here, you can answer either off list or not at all. I don't want you to give anything away. As far as you can tell, where would you say that Raceway will compare with other racing games
on the blind gamer's market when it comes out?  I know you've still got a
ton of work, or should I say, a track load?, and I will patiently wait.
Thanks.