Hi Gary,
Well, one miner comment to add to your post. Technically the game
isn't being designed with the keyboard user in  mind here. Yes, it has
keyboard support, but I am designing the game mechanics and game play
around the Logitec Momo Racing Wheel the same way Jim Kitchens Match 1
TTS game is. There is so much more you can do with a racing wheel with
force feedback support than your plane vinilla keyboard. Improved
responce times and more accurate stearing just being two of the big
ones.
I know when playing Rail Racer there is a huge difference in keyboard
control and stearing wheel control.  When I was practicing the game
using the keyboard I was discovering in online play everyone was
dusting me left and right. They were cutting there track times in
half, and I was just the slow guy in the race.  Well, when I purchased
the  racing wheel for Raceway Ssuddenly my lap times were rapidly
improving and I was able to stear the racer better. Especially, when
taking those curves in Rail Racer which is where you lose all your
speed and momentem.
Another point of having a racing wheel with feedback support it is
like stearing the car with certainr estrictions on how fast you can
turn and the motors inside simulate actually trying to make a
difficult turn. If you end up running into the marbel I can have the
ff wheel vibrate like crazy simulate running over rough terrain which
will likely destroy your tires in the process.  However, the vibration
will give you a good clue you aren't on the track any more. Keyboards
just can't give you nearly as much control or feedback.