To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Sunday, May 30, 2010 12:18 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Raceway was The other side

Hi Gary,
Well, one miner comment to add to your post. Technically the game
isn't being designed with the keyboard user in  mind here. Yes, it has
keyboard support, but I am designing the game mechanics and game play
around the Logitec Momo Racing Wheel the same way Jim Kitchens Match 1
TTS game is. There is so much more you can do with a racing wheel with
force feedback support than your plane vinilla keyboard. Improved
responce times and more accurate stearing just being two of the big
ones.
I know when playing Rail Racer there is a huge difference in keyboard
control and stearing wheel control.  When I was practicing the game
using the keyboard I was discovering in online play everyone was
dusting me left and right. They were cutting there track times in
half, and I was just the slow guy in the race.  Well, when I purchased
the  racing wheel for Raceway Ssuddenly my lap times were rapidly
improving and I was able to stear the racer better. Especially, when
taking those curves in Rail Racer which is where you lose all your
speed and momentem.
Another point of having a racing wheel with feedback support it is
like stearing the car with certainr estrictions on how fast you can
turn and the motors inside simulate actually trying to make a
difficult turn. If you end up running into the marbel I can have the
ff wheel vibrate like crazy simulate running over rough terrain which
will likely destroy your tires in the process.  However, the vibration
will give you a good clue you aren't on the track any more. Keyboards
just can't give you nearly as much control or feedback.