Hi Jim,
The way I am designing the game you don't have to actually hear all 43
cars at once.  After all we are talking some tracks are one mile and
two mile tracks. Only the cars with in say a quarter of a mile of your
current position will be audable. That way you are not drowned in too
much audio feedback. Of course, if 43 cars whatever gets to be too
difficult to handle etc I can shrink it to say 20 cars whatever. We
will see how things goes once Raceway actually reaches the beta stage,
and we can hammer out any improvements whatever to make it more
feasable for the average player.

Smile.