From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Ben
Sent: Sunday, June 13, 2010 7:13 AM
To: 'Gamers Discussion list'
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] looking for a good rpg.

Glad you see my point!

-----Original Message-----
From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of dark
Sent: 13 June 2010 12:31
To: Gamers Discussion list

I'm not sure. I wouldn't count shades as having an in game story because it
doesn't have any actual characters or events you interact with.

true, it has the various objectives and interactions with the environment,
but these seem more like puzles than a story to me.

Then again though, there are works of interactive fiction which work purely
on puzles too and have no characters to interact with (several of the eamon
games certainly do). I suppose though when you get to that sort of stage
it's a matter of degree, rather than a  simple has/has not type of
distinction.

Beware the Grue"!