Hi Shaun,
I don't see any reason why you couldn't install STFC 1.x and STFC 2.0
side by side. Inno Setup lets you rename the install directory and
start menu groups if need be. However, as soon as 2.0 is released STFC
1.0 and 1.2 will be considered abandonware. I'm not supporting any of
my .Net based projects in any way, shape, or form.
As it happens I pretty much figure fans of the STFC games will likely
want both I can easly have it install to USA Games\Final Conflict II
which is a completely different installation directory by default from
the original STFC games.