From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Thomas Ward
Sent: Friday, June 11, 2010 10:37 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Star Trekk Games, both Final Conflict and Trekk
2000...

Hi,
Really? You destroyed a Borg Cube in a single turn?
I don't remember being able to do that. At least not on the higher
difficulty levels. Although, I do remember quite a lot of complaining
back when STFC was in beta testing that the Borg were "too hard to
beat" so I changed their stats. Apparently I made them two low now.
Anyway, as for your view of creating a turn-based game with limits per
turn that does make some sense. The Sovereign-Class ships can only
fire 30 torpedoes at a time which constitutes a full spread. If I made
the game more to Star Trek technical specs that should be all they can
fire per turn which would make the game more drawn out, and you would
have multiple turns to carry out a battle rather than whiping out one
or more enemy ships in a single move. That would both be more
difficult and realistic as far as a turn-based game goes.