From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Charles Rivard
Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2010 2:41 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Tomb Hunter Error

Meanwhile, what they don't show is the nightmare that software developers
have to get their software able to be actually used by those who cannot see.

I worked for a major credit card company that proudly proclaimed that they
were always willing and able to hire the handicapped and work with them in
order that they can do the sme job as those who aren't handicapped.  A TV
newscast reporter was shown that this credit card company bought a braille
embosser to be used by their blind employees when printed material had to be

made, such as reference materials or software manuals.  What they did not
tell the reporter was that only the LAN team were allowed to work with this
embosser to get it to work with their Intranet system.  I could get it to
work if I had been allowed to, but I was not given permission or access.  As

a result, the blind employees got no brailled material.  A year later, the
same reporter came out to do another human interest story on the company and

he noticed that not one of the blind employes had any braille reference
materials at his or her desk.  When asked about why, I told  him the reason.

The story appeared in the paper the next week.  I got into hot water for
telling the truth, revealing the company's deplorable policy.

Microsoft has earned a reputation based on it's past performance.  Releasing

buggy and crappy operating systems, then, eventually, fixing the known
issues before the next buggy crappy release of yet another OS.  I don't know

anyone who runs out and buys the newest releases from them when they first
appear on shelves.  They always wait until at least the second fix before
buying.  Only problem is, it will soon be scrapped for the new.  Then, here
we go again.

---
Shepherds are the best beasts!