Hi,
If support will not be continued for old software then I at least wish that developers didn't continually update the user interface to something that a regular user has to start exploring all over again as if he were a beginner. There are some pieces of software that I point blank refuse to update for that reason. Because when I do, the interface is so different, the menus restructured, the main window revamped and so prettied up that it's no longer usable except with bags of time to work out how to use it the way you used to and heavily modifying scripts to make it as accessible as last time, etc, etc. Oh, and let's not forget some unnamed software that insist, or at least used to insist, on placing stupid advertisements on an html side bar on the main screen that you conveniently couldn't get rid of. That's why with most of the software I use, I am at least two or more versions behind the current release.
Regards,
Damien.

To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2010 2:37 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Tomb Hunter Error

Hi Shaun,
Oh, I don't know. A lot of the newer stuff for Windows 7 simply is not
backwards compatible with Windows XP. That's why Microsoft doesn't
have an upgrade installation that upgrades Windows XP to Windows 7 and
you have to do a complete reinstall. The operating systems are just
too different to make that really possible. Only a certain amount of
things can be upgraded from XP to Windows 7 compatible stuff, and then
it is just not going to be upgraded without a massive rewrite or
upgrade which microsoft won't do obviously. Let's face it, guys,
Windows XP is ancient history. There is a reason Microsoft wants to
begin dropping support for XP and not all of it has to do with money.
It has to do with an operating system that is 9-years old and is
becoming harder and harder to update and support while maintaining
compatibility with their newer Windows releases. Weather youlike
Windows 7 or not that's our future unless you decide to buy a Mac or
go Linux. Windows XP is not going to be around forever.

well Interestingly ms is trying to make xp look as good though you
need to get optional updates.
in the latest ie end of last month win xp has limited dotnet support
for dotnet4.
Its not a complete library but things like forms and a few other
things are supported.
Its probably quite basic but I think ms is going to make xp go out with a
bang.
its not going to be win7 ofcause but I think we will see bits and
pieces of the new os enter xp stuff which is not major to the system.