Sent: Friday, July 09, 2010 8:52 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Palace Punch-up Released!

Hey Lori,

The good news is that this IP stuff is pretty simple to get your head
around, at least, in this context it is. Your IP is simply a string of
numbers that identifies your computer to anything you might want to
connect too. Every computer with any sort of network interface has
one, and in the case of internet conectivity your IP is usually
automatically assigned by your service provider, and will likely
change from time to time when you reconnect. There are ways of keeping
it the same at all times, they call that a static IP, but you'll know
if that applies to you because chances are you'll be being charged for
the privilage lol.

So, to find out what your current IP is, just go to
www.whatismyip.com. Near the top of that page, you'll find a line that
displays your current IP. For example, mine is currently
188.223.43.44.

Palace Punch-up connects two computers. So, if you're hosting the
game, you just need to check your current IP at www.whatismyip.com,
and give that number to whoever you want to be able to connect to you.
If someone else is acting as host, just ask for there IP, choose to
join a game, and paste it there.

It's worth noting that the first time you play online, Windows
Firewall will likely throw a warning up at you that Palace Punch-up is
trying to access the internet. So far as I can tell, Philip isn't an
evil crime lord who'll hack your computer, rob your identity, sell
your data, or do anything along those exciting lines, so your probably
safe to click "Allow".

If you're still stuck, just shout...
Scott

Oh dear I just looked at the "online" section of the manual, don't have a
clue about this I.P stuff, I only know I'm running outlook express <Smile>