  From: dark
  To: Gamers Discussion list
  Sent: Sunday, July 11, 2010 6:47 PM
  Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Palace Punch-up Released!

  I agree about the footstep volume, and in fact I have made a related comment
  about number of squares on audiogames.net, sinse it'd be nice to have some
  score or statistics at the end of the game to know how well each player did
  rather than just a symple win or loss.

  I'm afraid I don't agree about the rocks though, I find the two sound
  affects completely fine myself. In addition to the pitch shifting, Your
  rocks make a continuous grinding sound, while your opponent's make a broken
  grinding sound almost like a set of ticks, which is more than enough.

  Actually, I think having your opponent's rocks go from lowest to highest
  pitch would slightly upset some of the feeling of the game, sinse the
  lowering pitch denotes the rock scraping down a section of wall, which
  effect you wouldn't get with a raising pitch (unless of course the rocks
  float upwards ;D).

  As to limiting rocks and power ups, I'm not certain. The rock chucking
  frequency is already pretty limiting in itself, as is the need to defend
  your wall, ---- and I'm not precisely sure how bonus items would work,
  particularly in terms of game balance.

  Beware the Grue!