Hi Petr,
Oh, I wouldn’t go as far to say developing accessible games for Linux
is useless just not financially viable right now. I myself use Linux,
have a desktop at home setup with Ubuntu 10 on it, and of course I
would certainly have the advantage of playing my own games under
Linux. That would improve the entertainment value of the operating
system for me personally. So that wouldn’t be useless from that point
of view. However, that comes right back to the problem Loki Games had.
I’m in the game business to create games, and need finances to create
those games. There aren’t enough VI Linux users right now to make it
financially viable. However, if I ever manage to create a
cross-platform engine able to run on Mac, Linux, and Windows then it
would become viable as I’d be selling and supporting multiple
platforms with the same game increasing my take from sales thus making
future cross-platform support financially viable.

Smile.