Running under Windows XP.  I'll try it again later and report back.

Thanks for taking a look at this.

        Christopher Bartlett

-----Original Message-----
From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Zachary Kline
Sent: Saturday, July 10, 2010 11:17 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Aurora: password for database?

Hi Chris,
This is very unusual.  I haven't ever run into anything like it before,
nor heard it mentioned on the Aurora forums or elsewhere.  If I may ask,
are you running under Windows Vista or 7?  That could cause issues.
Generally, Aurora needs to be run in admin mode.
I'm not sure what this password prompt is.  The only passwords I've ever
seen prompted for are those for SM mode or Designer mode, the former which
you set at the beginning of a game and the latter I don't have.  Would you
mind giving some more information?  What are some examples of menu options
that are disabled?  They shouldn't be, as far as I know the database isn't
password protected.
Sorry I'm not more helpful.  I admit I'm baffled.
Best,
Zack.

On Sat, 10 Jul 2010, Christopher Bartlett wrote:

> I installed the 4.91 with no hiccups.  I extracted the files from the 5.1
> and 5.14 patch updates.  The 5.1 included the executable and the database.
> The 5.14 included the executable only.  I copied the two files from the
5.1
> update into the Aurora directory under program files, then copied the 5.14
> update of the executable into that same directory.  Now, when I run
Aurora,