Kelly said: "After reading that 7-128 Software is now using SAPI5 voices in their games, I thought I'd download the free version of their gamebook to see how well it works with some voices I have"

Well Kelly, when we developed the stand-alone games at the request of folks who didn't want to have to purchase the GameBook, we ran into some technical difficulties with the Demo versions of the GameBook and Games - they just plain didn't work. We were intending to start reworking the demo versions, when we had a number of requests to change the Game Voice to a better quality voice. We used Kevin when we first started because it is a free TTS voice and, since we are Indie developers that do not have the deep pockets of venture capital, we had to cut corners. So after a lot of research and work, we got our games to work with SAPI. While we were in there, we improved the prompts and smoothed the interface. This required reordering of our development priorities - and we decided to push back our rework of the demo versions. Since this also interrupted development on some games we had scheduled for this summer, we have opted to push the demos back a little further and get the new games done.first

However, that being said, you can test the SAPI voice with either the GameBook or any of the stand-alone games that are blind rated. And, if you already have a GameBook, purchase of a stand-alone game will make the whole GameBook use the SAPI voice you have selected.

Sorry we don't have the demo versions at this point, but we will work to get them back in place some time in the future.
Eleanor Robinson
7-128 Software