Removing them for now, and maybe adding them later, as you suggest, sounds like a good compromise.

---
Shepherds are the best beasts!
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Monday, October 11, 2010 9:05 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] MOTA Character Comments

Hi Charles,
Not without a bunch of extra rewriting. Anything is possible if I want
to take the time to randomly speak messages or have an on/off switch
whatever. It is one thing just to search for x number of lines and
delete them. it It is quite another to first delete them and then
rewrite them complete with if statements that tells the game to do
this if this happens or to do that if that happens etc. Its not hard
work, but time consuming work.
One way to look at this is I could go ahead and remove them now, but
some day down the road when the game is stable, there isn't a lot to
do, I can take a day or two and put them back in properly so you can
turn them on/off or they will play only once and a while. I agree they
do add character, but the current way they were included isn't the
best way I could have done it. Especially, if I'd like the option to
just turn them off if I get tired of them.