Hi Lori,
The issue with picking up items at the same time as running is do to
the way SFML handles input. it ddoesn't allow you to press and hold as
many keys at the same time as DirectX. I'm forced to conclude I am
going to have to create and produce two completely different versions
of the game. One that uses Windows specific APIs and one that uses
Linux APIs. People aren't going to get off my case about SFML nnot
acting like DirectX this or that until I give them DirectX.
As for everything going all weird on exit I'm working on that problem.
For some unknown reason the game blue screens on exit on some systems.
Again I can fix the problem for certain, but have to go back to the
Win32 API to do it. Blast Microsoft and their proprietary Windows
garbage anyway.