Hi Richard,
Well, as you can see the user interface for 3.5 has changed quite a
lot from 3.2 and earlier. The best I can tell Lone Wolf 3.5 was meant
to be self-voicing either by directly speaking text using Jaws or
Window-Eyes, and if you don't have one of those to use Sapi. Since
high quality Sapi voices are relatively in expensive that is the way I
play Lone Wolf. The screen reader I generally use, NVDA, doesn't work
with Lone Wolf either so Sapi is the next best thing.