Hi Tom.

i like the idea of a texon screen reader.

As regards winfrotz, I actually use the tts for the same reason as you, it aides in game flow to have the text automatically spoken as it appears on screen. I do however keep Hal running at the same time for review purposes.

As regards sapi formulation of speech though, i do have to disagree.

While it narks me that I cannot alter the voice dictionary and my sapi voice, scansoft daniel notoriously miss pronounces certain things (particularly abbreviations such as pronouncing ms as manuscript), I am actually quite happy with the pausing and sentence structure of the voice which was in fact why I got the voice in the first place.

of course, much of the intonation does come from the voice not from Sapi, sinse as you said, unlike Hal, Jaws or other screen readers sapi has few or no speech rules, but I haven't found this particularly as irritating as I might in the matter of tone and pausing.

Beware the Grue!