Well I agree on the precision of the viewing menue engine, sinse that seems only fair and avoids you having to be roasted or fall to your death while learning audio positioning.

I rather like Phil's suggestion of having .3 .6 and .9 metre markers for when you are less than one metre away, sinse this would tell you precisely when you were at the edge, allow you to here the audio, and judge the distance for the jump.

Btw, as far as edges go, I did rather like the way the lethal lab level of Superliam worked, with those electric barriers which had no edges, and those holes which had two steps warning but no sound for the trap itself.

This made for a nice balance and perhaps a similar thing might be possible in mota by having chasms with no sound but an edge, and firepits with no edge but a sound.

though losing the evil wind sound from those holes would detract from the atmosphere a bit ;D.

Beware the Grue!