Speaking of the Chronicles of Arborel, I have received permission from the
author to produce braille versions of the gaming materials.
If anyone thinks that this would be something they'd be interested in, please
let me know, which books, or perhaps which version of the torch game, the cards
version or the text one.
I was going to work on the card-based version, but it occurred to me that folks
may want the text version as well.
What are folk's thoughts on this?
I'll of course produce whatever folks want, and place them for download either
on my site, or linked to from the main arborel site as required by the author,
and of course, when they're complete, physical braille versions will be
available for nothing more than the cost of materials, which I expect to be a
few bucks at most, since profit isn't allowed, it'd be materials cost only, but
since braille paper is only a few cents per page, most items wouldn't be more
than a couple or three dollars at the most.
And, I figure for the short stories, since they'd only be a few pages, it's
less trouble just to send them then it would be to bother collecting for the
costs. :)
So, basically, if I can swing it, even physical materials would be free, at
most (and I mean absolute most) I'd charge for what it cost me to make the
things, and even then, it would only be if I had to purchase additional
materials as a result of lots of orders.  I've got a couple thousand pieces of
paper at the moment, so I expect actual charging for materials is a long way
off in the future, and again, even then, it would only be if I couldn't afford
to purchase materials myself.
So, the upshot of all this is:
Is this the kind of thing folks would be interested in, and if so, what would
folks like to see first?