Hi Nicol,

I was just thinking, you could check out my simple sample guess the number
game.  You know, just to practice at guessing the number for my Concentration
game.  I believe that the best thing to do is to bracket your guess.  That is
the first guess might be 50.  If the number is higher guess half way between 50
and 100 like 75.  If lower than 75 but higher than 50 guess at half like 62.
keep bracketing the number like that and you should be able to guess the
correct number before using up all of the prizes in Concentration.

The guessvb.zip file can be found on my free windows sapi5 text to speech games
page.
guessvb.zip.  is a simple sample guess the number game with it's VB6 source
code.  It uses the sapi5 text to speech engine and DirectX.  I have commented
the code hopefully so that one can tell what each line of code does.  All of my
code is in the guess.frm file and starts with the line that reads
' Sample guess the number game  By Jim Kitchen
Everything above that is put there automatically by VB6.

HTH

BFN

    Jim

There are no answers at best a few possibly good guesses.

j...@kitchensinc.net
http://www.kitchensinc.net
(440) 286-6920
Chardon Ohio USA