From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Jim Kitchen
Sent: 26 November 2010 12:58 PM
To: NIcol
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] jim's concentration game

Hi Nicol,

I was just thinking, you could check out my simple sample guess the number
game.  You know, just to practice at guessing the number for my
Concentration game.  I believe that the best thing to do is to bracket your
guess.  That is the first guess might be 50.  If the number is higher guess
half way between 50 and 100 like 75.  If lower than 75 but higher than 50
guess at half like 62.  keep bracketing the number like that and you should
be able to guess the correct number before using up all of the prizes in
Concentration.

The guessvb.zip file can be found on my free windows sapi5 text to speech
games page.
guessvb.zip.  is a simple sample guess the number game with it's VB6 source
code.  It uses the sapi5 text to speech engine and DirectX.  I have
commented the code hopefully so that one can tell what each line of code
does.  All of my code is in the guess.frm file and starts with the line that
reads
' Sample guess the number game  By Jim Kitchen
Everything above that is put there automatically by VB6.

HTH

BFN

     Jim

There are no answers at best a few possibly good guesses.

j...@kitchensinc.net
http://www.kitchensinc.net
(440) 286-6920
Chardon Ohio USA