Hi,

Right. I know with my own game development one of the major time
factors is accessibility features. Instead of just printing a score to
the screen I have to record a number of *.wav files to speak a message
like "Your score is," plus the numbers, and create a function to parce
the data and speak it smoothly using the *.wav files. It takes quite a
long time to get that basic accessibility in place.

For example, I'm working on a simple arcade game in C++, and I've
recorded about 100 message files for the game. Even though this game
is simple compared to Mysteries of the Ancients by far it still took
me six hours to get the recording done and edited. I haven't even
started adding the code to actually take a number and speak it or
anything like that yet. Now, if I just wanted to print the score to
the screen that would take less than 5 minutes to do. When it comes to
time accessibility features do take up time and energy because there
is so much more to do. That's why it is so important to convince
companies it is both worth their time and money, because they aren't
going to do it if it isn't in their financial best interests.

Another point here is I recently began working on cross-platform
games. As you can imagine my work load has increased quite a lot. I
found out that SFML, the API I've been using on Linux, has issues on
Windows computers. That requires a different game engine using DirectX
and other Windos APIs. This increases both my time, and has setback my
schedule for Mysteries of the Ancients. At this point we have to
evaluate if both versions are financially worth the time spent on it,
and/or find a better way to create cross-platform games in the future
as we can't continue to support multiple APIs like this and get
anything cunstructive done. From a financial point of view supporting
Mac and Linux aren't really viable options for us.It is my own use of
those operating systems why I have bothered with it at all.

Cheers!