Comcast does, in fact, let you forward and use ports. Certain general ones
though are of course limited to certain services but I don't think that's a
comcast issue. If all else fails, DMZ your router and try again, see if it
works. If it does there's a port forwarding issue.

Orin
orin8...@gmail.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/orinks
Skype: orin1112