Hi Bryan,

is no denying that most mainstream games retail for $45 to $50.
However, there are probably a few extra factors we might want to take
into consideration from a strictly business point of view.

First, how much spending capital does your target market have? Most of
the VI in the United States and in other countries are unemployed and
and are on some form of disability like SSI or SSDI. Since the
majority of the target market is on Social Security that means they
have a fixed income, and can't work over time etc to increase there
spending capital. For the average VI customer on Social Security
$50.00 is alot of money and the cost could seriously effect sales of
the product.

This is very different from a teenager who maybe works at an after
school job like McDonald's, Burger King, etc to make some extra cash
for vidio games, save a little cash for college, or a cell phone bill.
They can usually work extra hours to get abit more money, and they
certainly don't have to worry about the day to day basics like rent,
electric, etc as chances are good that their parents actually provide
those things. So they have that $50 now and then for the latest XBox
or Play Station release. Where your VI customer might have to put that
money foward towards electric, cell phone bill, internet, television,
rent, trash pickup, etc.

Second, there is the issue of what the target market is actually
willing to spend on a product. This is where quality and replay value
factors into the buying decision. If a customer doesn't believe the
product is worth the price you put on that product they aren't going
to pay for it. Sad to say that's the harsh reality of the matter.

For example, let's think about the Bavisoft games. I don't have a
problem with the quality of the sounds etc in their games, but as
plenty of people said they have very little to no replay value at all.
So as a potential customer I have no desire to buy those games, and
especially for the price Bavisoft thinks they are worth. Given the
fact there are better games out there for less like Shades of Doom,
Q9, whatever I would not personally pay more than $20 each. So even
though the developer may think the games are worth their sale price I
personally might not, and as a result my opinion of the game will
count for or against my next purchase.  If it is too high the
developer will have one less sale from me.

Cheers!