Hi Thomas,
I think the idea is to turn the mouse into 4 arrow keys that also have the ability to speed up and slow down as you move it. What this would take is to compare the speed of change in a left and right direction with the speed of change in an up down direction and throw out the smaller figure. This would allow you to walk in a straight line even if the mouse was moved at a slight diagonal.
smiles,
Phil

To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 04, 2011 3:14 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Limiting physical mouse movement to only horizontal or vertical axes

Hi Jacob,

I'm not quite sure what you are asking, or to be more precise what the
application here would be. If you were doing some game programming,
for example, all you would have to do is simply check for the x or y
axis and ignore the other possible axis.However, if you are talking
about disabling this for general applications I don't know of any way
to do this. After all, it would be contrary to the entire point of
using a mouse.