well I don't mind either.
as long as there is an installer for one version, and then you can make the updater download the zip and extract updated files or whatever thats fine. I havn't bothered with the docs but if I am able to make some sort of updater installer to check for and get updates or something I may try.
At 09:20 a.m. 8/01/2011, you wrote:
Hi Tj,
I doubt people mind the updates. Three-D Velocity has been updated about three times since its initial release. At least you're actively supporting the game. Releasing frequent updates is better than slackign off and not caring to fix bugs and keep the project going. Also, releasing an update from time to time lets people know you're still around. The update notification was a good feature you added.
Munawar A. Bijani
BPCPrograms, LLC
http://www.bpcprograms.com
Blog: http://munawar0009.blogspot.com
munaw...@gmail.com

From: "Tj Squires" <t...@tjsquires.net>
Sent: Friday, January 07, 2011 3:08 PM
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Subject: [Audyssey] Pull 1.3 is here!

Hi all,  I'll cut to the chase.  Here are the new changes.

1.3
*Decreased the area of fire from 12 units to 4, thanks members of the Audyssey List!
*Added a pause function.  Thanks Thomas!
*added a pause sound.
*Made the background ambiance loop properly. Thanks Philip and Audyssey List!
*Updated the keys section of the manual to reflect pausing.
*Moved the checking for updates to the main menu.

Now it's time for my little blerb! I know updates are coming rather frequently, and those of you that have played the game can tell that it's my first time ever doing something like this. I am getting sentamental for a minute, bare with me! I've always wanted to put out a game, or multiple games, and am overjoyed at the chance to do so. I must thank all of you that have given me feedback, because it's all gone into my learning process. I wouldn't be surprised if a few of you have rolled your eyes at the amount of updates in the last two days, 3 actually, and said "Oh god. When will he be finally done!" Because I know I have! Lol. Anyway, for those of you that are enjoying the game as I am enjoying making it, I have to thank you. It's been fun so far, and I've learned lots. For those of you that have had the misfortune to play Car Shot, I hope that you have or will give Pull a try, because I think it'll be much much better for you. I'm still learning what makes a game difficult in my mind and in code are different, so, bare wth me as I struggle through this, and hopefully come out, when completed, with a game that people enjoy playing. So, once again, please send your feedback my way, weather good or bad, I could use it trust me! Also, thank you once again for taking your time to try my little game!

A note to sean: I know you enjoy the installer, however, because of the updator thing, and just because it's been this way from the beginning, I think I am going to keep the game as a zip file for now, unless people really wish for the installer. Also, I'm not sure how Phil does it, but, being on his games list, for consistancy, I think it would make his life a little easier too. If I don't kill him with the ammount of updates the seem to be coming forth. *grins*.

Thanks again,

Tj