Greetings list.

I actually prefer a small little text editor called Metapad for coding/scripting. It isn't one of the most powerful editors around (no regular expression support for search and replace, for example), but it is very quick and comfortable. Among its various features is the ability to open the current file in an external viewer, which means you can directly run the BGT script you're editing without having to browse to it and hit enter. Other editors of course have such functionality, I'm just comfortable with Metapad. It also supports favourites, so you can set the file you're working on as a favourite, making returning to work on the file very quick and easy.

Another tip for coding, especially for those of us who don't look at the screen, is to set the editor's font to as small as possible. This lets more text fit on the screen, thereby reducing the need to scroll/word wrap.

Kai

To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 11, 2011 5:12 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] BGT problem!

Hi Muhammed,

You mind explaining that? I think I should make a few notes regarding
programming anything in Notepad. If you have word wrap turned off the
first thing you should do is maximize the window so the entire window
is visible. If you are writing code in Notepad it is a good idea to
make a manual line break after 80 characters as the text will simply
scroll off the screen. Most of the time when programming my lines of
code aren't that long so I make a manual line break after the
statement anyway. Obviously, for other text documents you will want
word wrap on to read them.