Hi Bryan,

Well, if it makes you feel any better I've had my own troubles with
the Neospeech voices in games. For example, in an older release of the
G3D engine when I was toying around with Sapi 5 voices I noticed if I
used a different default voice such as AT&T Mike and then switched to
Neospeech Kate the Neospeech voices would be very distorted and fuzzy
sounding. If I set Neospeech Kate as the system default voice and it
came up on start up it was crystal clear.I don't know why but those
voices, Neospeech Kate and Paul, also tend to cause programs like Text
Aloud to crash on me where no other Sapi 5 voice does that to me.
Personally, regardless of how good they may sound I think they are
buggy and the problems you are having may have nothing to do with BGT
but everything to do with those particular voices. This isn't the
first time I've seen problems like this with those voices.