Hi,

This might be the difference in OEMs of windows, but I think Thomas you have it backwards. I have a c:\program files and a c:\program files(x86).

On 1/17/2011 11:11 AM, Thomas Ward wrote:
Hi Jim,

First, a note. You stated that Windows 7 has  "two Program Files
folders." Actually, this has to do with the fact of Windows 64-bit
editions vs 32-bit editions. Not Windows 7 vs XP.

On Windows 64-bit editions there is the typical
c:\Program Files
directory where all 32-bit applications like yours are stored. Then,
there is the
c:\Program Files 64
directory where newer 64-bit applications are stored. Since I am
running a 32-bit version of Windows 7 I only have
c:\Program Files
  and no
c:\Program Files 64.
  Hope that clears things up.