Hi Jim,

Yes you are in that regard. My current development project Mysteries
of the Ancients just uses standard stereo panning and volume which
seams to work fine under Windows 7 with DirectSound 8.1.  Once Philip
Bennefall updates Streemway to XAudio2 I can explore more advanced 3d
audio environments using that API. However, for the time being there
isn't anything wrong with using simple panning and volume. Especially,
since your games generally don't need anything that advanced.

Smile.