I find the concept of the advanced game with it's character types most interesting, but I'd prefer to work up to it with a core game first to get used to giving orders, and also investigate possible ways of overviewing textual map information, sinse the last thing I want to find is I get bogged down in simply knowing where my fleets and my opponent's fleets are even as I'm trying to deal with gather artifacts, robotic or human population, industry, converts and all the other fun stuff in the advanced game.

it strikes me a core game gives the chance to investigate the rsw system and any possible accessibility tweaks which may need to be made, before getting into complex stratogy.

so, though as essentially a less aggressive player who deffinately! likes the idea of the missionary or collector styles rather than the conquest idea, i think I'll stick with the core game for the time being.

i also do not fancy multiple games at once currently I'm afraid.

Beware the grue!