yeah control to jump and shift to run are good keys.
At 11:15 a.m. 4/02/2011, you wrote:
Hi,
I like it. Too bad you had to change the Sidescroller run keystrokes again.

Best Regards,
Hayden

-----Original Message-----
From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Thomas Ward
Sent: Thursday, February 03, 2011 3:39 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Confusion about getting past the first level in
MOTA.

Hi Hayden,

Agreed. When I release an FPS version of Mysteries of the Ancients I
plan to use the same general layout as the Tomb Raider games. In that
sense the alt key will be asigned to jump. Here is the default
keyboard layout I have planned for the 3d FPS version.

Climb Down: control+down arrow
Climb Up: control+up arrow
Crouch/Crawl: c
Jump Backward: alt+down arrow
Jump Forward: alt+up arrow
Jump Left: alt+left arrow
Jump Right: alt+right arrow
Look Down: page down
Look up: page up
Perform Action: enter
Run Forward: up arrow
Sidestep Left: shift+left arrow
Sidestep Right: shift+right arrow
Step Backward: shift+down arrow
Step Forward: shift+up arrow
Turn Around: down arrow
Turn Left: left arrow
Turn Right: right arrow

As keyboard commands goes this is pretty par for mainstream games. I'm
sure it might be a bit weird from those coming from games like Sarah,
Shades of Doom, etc but as a long time mainstream gamer the keyboard
commands happen to be very natural to me, and what I'll be using. I'll
most likely have to add a few extra turn commands like control+left
and control+right to do right to next 90 and some things VI games
have, but over all the layout above is probably the best possible
layout for an FPS game like I have planned.