I'm not overly surprised, though I'm a litle sad they focus only on fps action games. I actually think playing maze games like Turrican or packman at a very young age improved my ability to understand routes and distances, something my brain doesn't generally do well at.

another interesting point, is that it's been proved playing very cognitive intensive games such as resource management, or stratogy games like chess or battleships can actually aide depression, sinse you are stimulating different parts of the brain while doing this.

Beware the grue!