From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Yohandy
Sent: Monday, February 07, 2011 12:13 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: [Audyssey] my frustration with the blind gaming comunity.

Hey guys,
    Ok I'm gonna go ahead and say it. I find myself getting extremely
frustrated with the blind gaming community. Why you ask? ok here goes. I'm
sure you guys have noticed I've been putting up some rock band samples up.
you've also noticed Clement has been putting up some street fighter IV
samples and various other samples. So why is it that when we ask for
feedback or comments on these samples we work hard to create, people simply
either ignore us completely, or the same 3 or 4 people are the ones to
always respond? well you know what I think the reason for that is? simply
that the games we post about are mainstream games, not audio games. I've
noticed that when a new audio game comes out, even if it's the most
simplistic game in existence, everyone's all jumping to download it
immediately and there are threads that span hundreds of messages on the
subject. But when we post something having to do with console games, the
thread dies in a matter of hours. I'm sure Clement has been feeling this
frustration as well. it's been leaking through in his emails to the list
even if he hasn't mentioned it outright. So my question is this: what must
we do to get you guys interested in something other than topspeed 3, or any
other audio game for that matter? don't you guys have that spark of
curiosity to find out everything there is to find about video games? why is
everyone ignoring these games outright? This community has hundreds of
members, and only a very limited amount of people even talk about mainstream
games. it's all audio games, audio games, and more audio games. there's so
much more out there for you to find guys. how can you call yourself a gamer
when you aren't even willing to download the files Clement and I put up to
at least listen to what these games have to offer? Whenever I put up a rock
band sample, I get like 4 or 5 downloads at most. however I rarely get any
feedback. I think you guys are just shoving these files in your hard drives
and don't even take a listen. if you do, then you have the curiosity of a
robot. I don't know about Clement, but I'm not planning on putting anything
else up. What's the point? no one seems to care what we have to say, or have
any curiosity about console gaming. you guys just keep playing your audio
games and keep your closed-minded mentality about game accessibility in
general. If you think I'm taking things too far, consider this: remember
when Clement and I had that little Street Fighter seminar? I finally thought
that people finally had some interest in what we had to say and in the game
and such. we got some really good questions, and over all had a really good
time. but once that seminar ended, what do you think happened? That's right.

absolutely nothing. people basically were like oh ok, that game had awesome
sounds and music and such. ok back to playing some tank commander. at least,
that's how I feel personally. it was fun as a spur of the moment thing. Now
let me ask you this. how many of you, after listening to that seminar went
over to gamestop and bought a copy of Street Fighter? or even go to a
friend's house and try the game out? My guess is 0. ok rant over. I know
this email is a mess lol, but it's just basically me writing down my ideas
as they come to mind. take from it what you will. for those of us serious
about gaming, we need to get together and figure where we should take it
from here. Do we give up, or keep trying? I'm pretty tired of trying  my
self when everyone's resisting to be honest. Good day everyone.