Hi all.
This is a very interesting topic for me.
I have always tried to play mainstream games and infact until about 5
years ago that was all I did play.
I was brought up on the SNES and played games like Supermario
Allstars, Mariocarts, Super Star Wars and Donkey Kong. I would say
that I managed this with reasonable success although never complted a
game like donkey kong or mario. But the graphics were limited enough
to make it possible fo me to have some success. I then moved on to a
playstation and played games such as WWF Smackdown, GTA (The original
that is), and others.
I think I even had a copy of SF2 on my SNES but I may be mistaken about that.
I loved these games and wish I could play them or similar now. I am
sure its possible but I know nothing about getting hold of them or if
its possible to work them through a PC or similar.
I was bought a WII for Christmas by my wife and love it, although the
only games I have atm are the sports game that comes with the WII. I
want to know what other games may be possible to play on the WII, but
never asked here as this is an audiogame forum, so I thought I might
be told I was off topic by asking such questions. But now we are on
the mainstream topic I am asking if anyone knows of any games that I
may be ble to play on my WII? Any games really, any type is worth
trying.
I also play football manager onmy PC, a very complex strategy
management simulation. Probably the best on the market. However I need
to use Supernova's magnification for this, and unfortunately the more
recent versions of this game don't allow me to use this. Very odd as
no games in the past have allowed my screenreaders magnification to
work with them, until i found Football Manager, and then after FM 2008
the magnification no longer worked, and behaved like it oes on other
PC games.
I must say that even games like Mario and Donkey Kong for the SNES in
my opinion are just as if not more complex than all audiogames we have
now. Tom Ward with MOTA is doing a good job to change this, but even
this game is nothing to the old games I used to play on the PC like
Redneck Rampage, Duke, Doom, Star Wars Dark Forces etc. The Beta17
level 1 is good but took me an hour to complete at most. This wouldn't
happen with a mainstream game at all.
And the biggest problem I think we have with VI community trying
mainstream games is that they don't even seem to try at their own
games. MOTA Beta17 was out, and by the next morning my inbox was fll
of eMails from people asking for help with this or the other, so they
obviously didn't give it a good go. Mainstream gamers just don't do
this. They will try something for a good while before going on the net
or onto a forum to get help. And even worse than these peopleasking
for help in my opinion is the people that come straight back with
spoilers etc to help them. I would personally just say try again and
keep trying and if your still stuck in a week or two then come back
and we might help. People don't try hard enough, and don't give things
a chance. That really gt on my nerves all these pleas for help without
really trying, and this overwillingness to help without letting peole
try.
Sorry for this long rant, I got started and couldn't stop.
So if anyone has any advice on WII games I maybe able to play or ways
I can access old games like Mario Allstars then pease contact me on or
off lis.
Thanks
Richard