no, that is not usually.
Depending on how your cpu handles heat the fan has different speeds.
if you play a game and it gets louder thats fine.
If it doesn't drop afterward or if your fan is loud anyway or your system crashes loads then be concerned with it.
Replacing the fan or cleaning it would be a good idea.
OR its just windows being stupid.
What can you do.
If you can't afford fixing or replacing fans and getting repairs for your laptop or whatever try cleaning the registry, closing stuff you don't need to or something like run an antivirus program.
If that still doesn't  fix it, you can try a reformat.
And the problem may just go away if you are lucky.
If it is the fan or whatever its going to fail eventually.
There are extra fans you can stick under the laptop which cost little which I may do for extra cooling.