Hi Bryant,

I've thought about it a few times, but the problem is that Lord of the
Rings, like anything else that is very popular, has a lot of copyright
restrictions attached. That means, were I to even consider such an
idea that would mean I'd have to write my game as some sort of free
fan fic, which is ok, but I would not be able to make any money at the
project. As a commercial software developer I'd like to be compensated
for the time spent on creating such a project. Not to mention raise
money for sound effects, music, and/or acting that would make the game
more professionally designed. Understand, if I'm going ot sink a year
or two into any game project it has to be something I truly love, or
something I'll be able to make back some financial compensation for
the time and money put into the project.

Cheers!