Hi,

Glad I could help. By the way in case most of you don't know when we
talk about Windows help we need to make a technical destinction
between Microsoft Windows Help 4.0 and earlier and Microsoft HTML Help
1.0 and later. As they are two completely different help systems used
by different versions of Windows.

When we talk about Windows clasic Help, Win Help 4.0 and earlier, that
was mainly used with Windows 95, 98, ME, 2000, and early versions of
Windows XP. However, about five or six years ago, about the time XP
SP2 came out, Microsoft released an all new help system they call HTML
Help. In 2007 when they released Windows Vista they deprecated Windows
Help and HTML Help became the default help system for Windows Vista,
Windows Server 2008, and Windows 7. So the link I gave you below is
for the new HTML Help system used by XP SP2 and later just for your
information.

The main advantages to HTML Help verses Windows Help is you have a lot
more control over formatting and can really prepare some professional
looking help documents using common html tags/formatting etc. The
other is the new HTML Help system actually displays the help documents
in a browser window, usually Internet Explorer 7 or 8, so as a result
you can use standard Internet web browser commands to navigate around
in the help document. For instance, with Window-Eyes 7.5 I can use h
to jump to the next section heading, shift+h to jump back to the
previous section heading, t to jump to the next table, and shift+t to
jump to the prior table, etc. Plus Window-Eyes has some more advanced
browser commands like press n and something like 3h to jump directly
to the third heading in the help document. So as you can see the new
HTML help system is extremely accessible, and if you are good at web
browsing in general getting around in the new Windows help is a sinch.
Prior versions of Windows Help weren't quite as screen reader friendly
although they were accessible.
HTH