Hi Jim,

That would be Internet Explorer at fault. In a case of mp3s and media
files like that Internet Explorer will often assume you want to
play/stream the media instead of download it. Its been ages since I
used Internet Explorer, but there should be something under Internet
Options that allows you to change this behavior to prompt you to
download or play the file. The web browser I use, Firefox, certainly
has such an option and that's how I avoid certain files automatically
playing when I click on the links.Firefox comes up with a dialog
asking me to open/play or save the file.
HTH