To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 05, 2011 7:30 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] wrestling games

Hi all,

Ok, I downloaded these wrestling games, and as advertised they are
pretty good. In fact, I just got done playing an awesome match between
the Ultimate Warrior, one of my favorite wrestlers of all time, verses
the Undertaker in Pile Driver. As said, it is a good game, but I
personally think I could have done a slightly better job on either
game development wise. So that leads me to a question.

If people are actually interested in these sorts of games I think I'd
like to rewrite Pile Driver and add some actual sound effects such as
crowd ambience, bells for start and end of matches, some general
sounds of a body hitting the matt, etc while retaining the text
interface. What do you guys think? Would you be interested in
something like that?

Also from what I can tell they are all over the place in terms of
professional wrestlers. We have classic WWF/WWE wrestlers such as Hulk
Hogan, Rickie Steamboat, Randy Savage, and the Ultimate Warrior and
then there are some more current WWE wrestlers like Chris Jarico as
well. We've got wrestlers from the NWA and AWA thrown into the mix
too. My thought is if I did decide to rewrite one of these wrestling
games is we could sort of focus on a specific Federation and/or era.
For instance, I'm a huge fan of the 1980's WWE classic super stars so
we might have a wrestling game or special mode only to play that era
of super stars. Of course, like all true wrestling fans I still watch
WWE Smackdown, Raw, and now Tough Enough so would be just as willing
to play a game featuring more contemperary super stars like Edge, Ray
Mysterio, Big Show, etc. Any thoughts?

Cheers!