Hi Imbar,

Yeah even though landing the shuttle is similar to landing a glider plane the
launch is nothing like taking off in a plane.  You know in an airplane you
crank up the engines, release the brakes and roll down the runway building up
speed until you get to the correct speed to pull up and lift off of the ground.
 You then ascend into the sky at what about a 30 degree angle.  Now the shuttle
on the launch pad is standing vertically on it's tail attached to the huge
external fuel tank.  So you are sitting on your back looking up into the sky.
5, 4, 3, 2, 1 and all five main engines fire up burning hydrogen and liquid
oxygen.  At the same time the two solid rocket boosters ignite.  All hell
brakes loose and you ascend almost vertically straight up into the sky at
thousands of miles an hour.  But yeah as a shuttle sim it could be done as
easily as an airplane sim.

BTW I do not think that I would so much enjoy weightlessness with no visual
reference points, no gravity for reference etc.

BFN

    Jim

I remember when Saturns were rockets, not cars.

j...@kitchensinc.net
http://www.kitchensinc.net
(440) 286-6920
Chardon Ohio USA