Hi,

If you are talking about registering DX7VB.dll or DX8VB.dll those
libraries still have to be registered simpkly because they were
removed from Windows Vista/Windows 7. That said, there is a simple fix
for this and it is to install Jim Kitchens Winkit installer which adds
a number of VB dependencies, including those for DirectX 8, so I'd
definitely say go ahead and upgrade to DirectX 8. To be honest one
reason I never installed any of your games is I saw no need or desire
to put DirectX 7 on my computer when I have DirectX 8 already
installed with the OS.